Friday, May 29, 2015

Link to article: The 13 BIG Changes That Are Coming to Walt Disney World

An artist rendering of what a ride in the new Avatar World at Animal Kingdom will look like - cool!  Credit: themeparktourist.com
I knew about some of these, but there are some very interesting things going on in WDW right now.  A list of the 13 biggest changes coming in the next year are listed here on themeparktourist.com:

Something BIG!

I am looking forward to most of these, especially making Animal Kingdom more of a "full day" park with the addition of a nighttime show, an expansion of Africa, and the whole new Avatar World.  These are things I would love to see.

The addition of Star Wars to all things Disney has been a great success, and I think even more families will go to what is currently Hollywood Studios (although it will change, but to what is anyone's guess) to see an entire Star Wars WORLD.

I've not been completely smitten with Toy Story at Hollywood Studios, but some of the new rides might draw me in.  I can see a whole new theme for the park going in when they "officially" change the name to...whatever it's going to be.  I'm just glad I have both an MGM Studios AND Hollywood Studios pin in my collection already!

Disney Springs is about 60% complete and should be done before Christmas.  I will be taking lots of photos around Halloween, so I hope most of it is done by then.

I am REALLY glad they are adding a third section to Soarin' at Epcot - the wait for this ride is always extremely long, unless you have a FastPass.  Even after all this time, it never gets old, and I love it.

I also think that the addition of the Frozen-themed ride in Epcot's Norway pavilion is going to create a LOT more traffic where people with small kids probably avoided that whole area before, sadly.  I tend to think of Epcot as a whole a more "grown-up" park, especially the pavilions 
in the World Showcase at the back.  The front of the park currently has all of the rides, and I haven't seen as many families spending too much time wandering through the 11 pavilions as I have, with many of them indulging in an adult beverage, or two, or three.

Still, this is why WDW never gets old - there is always something new going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment